If you are not aware of the "Clean up" of the Catholic Preist Sex abuse scandals, this may all be new to you. There is a concerned parents organization that is currently head quartered in the suburbs of Minneapolis/St Paul that is very concerned with how things are being cleaned up and the effect that the clean up may have on their children. This group is starting to make some national waves.
The letter below is a letter that went out to there readers and I believe their concerns are worth taking a look at.
Subject: Primary Educators League Update – Safe Environments
Thanks for participating in Thursday evening’s "safe environments" presentation in Roseville
total to 250 parents from 60 parishes who have attended one of the two meetings held thus far.
1 We're considering holding another meeting perhaps south of the river for the southern suburbs. Please let us know if can help us organize parents to
2) Get educated on “safe environments” and discuss with fellow parishioners. Join together before going to speak with your pastor, principal or Dir. of Religious Education. The clock is ticking...
3) Our web site and blog will be updated daily. Check back frequently for the latest at www.primaryeducators.org and http://altorfamiliarum002.blogspot.com/.
4) Encourage others to join our e-mail list. More than 200 people have joined in the last two weeks.
5) FICC Approvals: please let us know if you hear of other parishes receiving approval from Archbishop Flynn to use “Formation in Christian Chastity.”
6) Several articles broke in the press yesterday on Primary Educators and “Safe Environments” http://www.primaryeducators.org/news.php
7) USCCB released its 3rd audit on the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People: http://www.usccb.org/index.shtml. Total cost to date of the sex abuse scandal for the Church - $1.5 billion.
A question was raised at the meeting that if the clergy sex abuse crisis was due to homosexual priests abusing children, why are we doing VIRTUS?
The National Review Board and the John Jay report revealed that 81% of the abuse cases involved boys ages 11-17. However, since many of the priests involved did not self identify themselves as homosexual, many Church officials and overseers will not say we have a homosexual priest problem. They say the crimes were “homosexual in nature.” That’s as far as they go. (If it walks like a duck…talks like a duck…it must be a duck – right? Not so according to the experts).
So who supports VIRTUS? A local homosexual activist group was one of the early supporters of our archdiocese implementing VIRTUS. Don't miss the latest entry on the blog at:
Please continue to pray for Archbishop Flynn, our priests and for the protection of our children.
Primary Educators League