When the views of people of good will are continually disregarded in the public square their rhetoric and actions will start to heat up. A warning to the wise, take conservative seriously and hear their grievances.
As I look at downtown Minneapolis I see that St. Thomas University campuses are popping up all over the place. This expansion must be costing tens or hundreds of millions of dollars. Has St. Thomas gotten too entwined with the lust for things of this world and missed the point on the things that really matter?
Yes, Ann Coulter is a bit edgy, but is the content true?
Bringing a found dandelion to Mom as if it were a rose Feeling the cool mud squish thru your barefoot toes Huggin' a mason jars and chasin' firelies in the yard on a warm summer nite Or kick the can and red rover red rover til time to go home when on came the street light Wearin' an clickin' metal cleats on shoe toes and heels Seeing the "Milky Way on a magical night stars almost close enough to touch Patiently waiting, watching a fat green tomato turn red on the vine you want to eat so much. Building orange crate scooters with a roller skate's wheels Beatin' the hot summer city heat, splashin' and laughin' while wielding a garden hose. Or getting soaked from opened fire hydrants, dashin' thru water just a gushin' from those. Hide an seek and sneakin' a peek at that favorite cute gal down the street. Going to the drug store fountain counter for an ice cream soda treat Gettin' crushed playin' buc buc how many fingers up stacked up against a tree or light pole Buying glue and a piece of rubber at the 5 & 10 an fixin' a hole in your sole Blowing white fluff off of dried up dandelions to make a wish on. Staring in wonderment as a butterfly soft as an angels kiss your arm it lands upon Lovin' the summers first sweet corn on the cob letting butter run down your chin Eating so much penny candy and mary janes it had to be a sin. Skinning your knees on cement playing fruit basket basketball Mibs and marbles, mumbley peg too, and trading bubble gum cards of baseball Roastin' taters or marshmellows taken from home on a vacant lot bon fire Floatin' in a lake in an ole inner tube tire Putting Ice cream bar sticks in the spokes of your bike Helpin' the imagination in making it sound like an Indian or Harley it might Rummaging for green coke bottles thru garages, basements and closets Returnin' them to buy a Cherry Coke or Green River with the penny deposits Raiding the ice man's truck for a summer treat when left without a driver Band aids and iodine always ready for mom to treat every scrape, nick, bruise, blister and sliver. Loving the puingent smell of an autumn bon fire's burning leaves Knowing the summer was soon over as the foilage had now fallen from the trees.
David Limbaugh comments on how the left keeps up thier Christian bashing and then denies that they are Christian bashing. It's as plain as the nose on thier face. And for Teddy Kennedy, that is pretty plain. Ooooppppsss I can't say that can I? Oh yeah, blogs are not regulated yet! Check out the post below....
Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, and all of the others including Love.
One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all repaired their boats and left. Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to persevere until the last possible moment When the island was almost sinking, Love decided to ask for help.
Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said, "Richness, can you take me with you?"
Richness answered, "No I can't. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place for you here."
Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel, "Vanity, please help me!"
"I can't help you Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat," Vanity answered.
Sadness was close by so Love asked for help, "Sadness let me go with you."
"Oh...Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!" Happiness passed by Love too, but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her!
Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come Love, I will take you." It was an elder. Love felt so blessed and overjoyed that he even forgot to ask the elder her name.
When they arrived at dry land, the elder went her own way. Love realizing how much he owed the elder, asked Knowledge, another elder, "Who helped me?"
"It was Time", Knowledge answered. "Time?" asked Love. "But why did Time help me?" Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered, "Because only Time is capable of understanding how great Love is."
Is church up to challenge of this devilish plague?
The numbers are devastating. Twelve million children in sub-Sahara Africa are orphaned because their parents have succumbed to AIDS. Thirty-eight million people around the world are living with HIV, and 3 million die of AIDS each year. In Zimbabwe 29 percent of female teachers have HIV. Before AIDS arrived in Botswana, the average life expectancy was 74.4 years; now it's 26.7 years.
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in an informal school called Life. Each day in this school, you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error. Experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works".
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. You can then go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. "There" is no better than "here." When your "there" has become a "here," you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here."
7. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you either love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to Life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.